If you are:
- Dynamic and have a diverse business development and marketing background;
- Someone who works well under deadline pressure;
- Service oriented and have a responsive nature; and
- Someone who has an energetic and enthusiastic approach to challenges and opportunities.
Then we want to hear from you!
Tiree is a management consulting and professional services company focused on providing intelligent solutions for real estate, buildings and infrastructure, workspace, information technology and physical security. Tiree’s overall objective is to provide industry leadership and integrated solutions for our clients through our consulting and professional services practices. We focus on providing quality service; ensuring efficiency and transparency; and delivering value to our clients.
Tiree is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager, who will be instrumental in enabling Tiree’s growth and expansion in both federal government and private sectors across Canada. Joining Tiree’s proposal team, this individual understands federal procurement vehicles, the emphasis on compliance and the requirement to work within hard deadlines. Their ability to work with business development teams, senior managers, consultants and business partners will be essential to the role. Located in Ottawa, the proposal manager’s mandate is broad-based and centered on the preparation of RFP responses in support of the Sales and Business Development activities within Tiree’s IT division. Core areas of responsibility include:
- Managing proposals from bid decision through to drop off;
- Ensuring compliance on RFP response;
- Building and fostering positive internal and external relationships; and,
- Supporting other marketing and business development activities as and when required.
- Monitor, communicate and evaluate key business opportunities;
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions to develop win themes, and other strategic approaches to developing a winning proposal;
- Work with business leaders and subject matter experts to write, develop and prepare compliant and high-quality proposals;
- Manage all aspects of the proposal process from beginning to end, establishing a workplan to do so;
- Identify risks associated with proposal preparation and ensure resolution
- Develop required resumes and project profiles for proposal purposes;
- Conduct market research and analysis as required;
- Create and implement proposal development tools, such as compliance matrices, evaluation criteria weighting, proposal outlines, and proposal templates;
- Develop and maintain elements of the proposal library;
- Prepare client presentations in support of proposal submissions
- Track and analyse business development metrics; and
- Develop processes and procedures for continual improvement of the Proposal and Business Development process.
Requirements and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, English or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of similar work experience;
- A solid understanding of Government procurement processes and policies, as well as proposal processes;
- Experience managing proposal development for IT professional services;
- Advanced technical skills in MS Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and collaborate successfully in a team environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational and project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple, disparate projects through completion;
- Ability to self-manage a project or process and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility to accommodate varied hours that accompany a deadline driven environment; and
- Authorized to work in Canada and ability to meet security clearance criteria.
Experience/Skills Considered Assets:
- Bilingual (written/oral); and
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of InDesign or other graphic design programs.
Tiree is focused on attracting and retaining the highest caliber of talent. It is the people within the company that make Tiree a great place to work. We provide our people with a constant flow of challenging and new opportunities for professional development.
Tiree is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes employment equity. Tiree is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding an opportunity with us, please advise our recruitment team of accommodation measures you may require.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Tiree, but wish to note that only qualified candidates will be asked to attend an interview.