Why Join the Tiree Team?
As a leader in the project management industry, we deliver complex and cutting-edge real property projects across Canada and abroad.
As a Master Scheduler you will be a vital part of the project management team responsible for the planning and delivery of major construction and engineering projects.
Your Day to Day:
- Developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) with the project team
- Creating master project schedules from the WBS(s) using MS Project or Primavera P6, defining project deliverables, identifying key milestones, dependencies and deadlines
- Liaising with project managers to coordinate inputs to schedule
- Providing recommendations on project and program planning and scheduling to achieve the most cost-effective implementation sequences
- Providing strategic guidance on integrating the budget and schedule
- Maintaining master project schedules, updating project deliverables, milestones, dependencies and deadlines
- Identifying the critical path, highlighting areas with slack to ensure those activities do not drop into critical path
- Reviewing and analysing the update outcomes by highlighting deviations and proposing corrective actions
- Providing continual risk management and schedule improvement
- Developing mitigation strategies including aligning of the project schedules to facilitate the most efficient sequencing
- Preparing plans, charts, tables and diagrams to analyze and display tasks and work activities
- Developing and distributing short-term look-ahead schedules
- Developing schedule reporting documents to inform project stakeholders on project status and support key decision-making activities
The Experience You Bring:
- University degree or college diploma with 7+ years of experience working in project controls with a specific focus on scheduling
- Expertise using MS Project (Primavera P6 is an asset) to build and analyze schedules;
- Knowledge of earned value management principals and cost/schedule integration
- Experience working on large scale construction and engineering projects is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to bring multiple stakeholders together for regular project discussion/strategy meetings
- Ability to analyze detailed schedules and make recommendations for changes/improvements
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain Secret government clearance (condition of employment)
There are many benefits to joining the Tiree Team, including:
Our People – work with industry leaders and best-in-class project teams
Our Projects – work on the most iconic and exciting real property projects
Our Culture – work within a vibrant corporate culture, with a full schedule of social events and a comprehensive health and wellness program
Our Compensation – work for an employer that offers competitive pay, RRSP matching, health benefits, and paid professional development
Tiree is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes employment equity. Tiree is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding an opportunity with us, please advise our recruitment team of accommodation measures you may require.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Tiree, but wish to note that only qualified candidates will be asked to attend an interview.